I don't know what it is about the last 10% of any given project that makes it so difficult to complete. My newest (nearly finished) project is to be able to control my house with our iPads or iPhones. All of the hard work is completed and all of the gear is setup. The only remaing thing to do is finalize the graphics I want to use for my remotes.
- Mounted two LCD TV's on the Wall (one in bedroom, one in living room).
- Created centralized media closet with power and ventilation.
- Purchased and installed wireless IP gateways with IR controller. This is how I control DVR, TVs, and the Apple TV.
- Built iPad app using iRule software and tested all controls.
Still need to complete:
- Finish design of the app. First started out using skeumorphic design, but have decided to follow the trend and move to a flat design.
Once I finally complete this project I plan to show off a short demonstration video of indeed how cool it is to be able to control your house with an iPad.